Kill Distractions - Productive Programmer
- Distractions kill your focus on the problem at hand, making you less productive.
- The higher the level of concentration, the denser the ideas.
- When others see you wearing headphones, they are less likely to interrupt you.
- For visual distractions, turn off all the things on your machine that break your concentration.
- Turn Off Needless Notifications Balloon tipsin
- lots of overlapping windows
- “black out” the background, making all the applications you are not using fade out. This keeps your focus tightly bound to the task at hand.
Create quiet time
- consider instituting “quiet time,”
- During this time, everyone has their email turned off, there are no meetings, and it is verboten to call or go talk to someone unless there is an emergency
Feb 23, 2012